Carol's News and Vues

Welcome! Please take the time to add your own comments so this blog can encourage an exchange of ideas. You can comment anonymously. Since George Bush finally did get elected, we have much to be concerned about in the next four years. I guess that means that this blog will continue.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Eighteen Short Months Can Make Such a Difference

I could not listen to Zell Miller's speech last night. I had an excuse. I am borderline hypertensive. So it was a health issue. However, I have heard excerpts of the speech and have listened to commentary today on Air America Radio.

Jimmy Breslin said that Zell Miller doesn't deserve 5 seconds of talk. But it is so infuriating to hear the ludicrous lies. Why? Because people believe this stuff. So here is what Zell himself said just 18 months ago when he introduced John Kerry (you read that right) at a Georgia gathering (March 2001):

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/090304Y.shtml

In Miller's world, lies are truth. We aren't allowed to have it both ways. Why should he? ( unless he is in a padded room somewhere) And this isn't just a small matter. Our entire existence hangs in the balance. Do people realize this?

As for the Repulsive National Convention, Madison Square Garden has been tranformed into Fantasy Island. It is terrifying. I am scared. Very scared.

May our collective fear of Bush be turned into energy to do what we have to do. I've got to be willing to venture out of my comfort zone. The alternative is just not an option.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home