Carol's News and Vues

Welcome! Please take the time to add your own comments so this blog can encourage an exchange of ideas. You can comment anonymously. Since George Bush finally did get elected, we have much to be concerned about in the next four years. I guess that means that this blog will continue.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Bush Meets with Religion Editors and Writers

George Bush met with a group of nine religion editors and writers in May at the White House. Here are a few quotes from the transcript:

"At home, the job of the president is to help cultures change. The culture needs to be changed. I call it, so people can understand what I'm talking about, changing the culture from one that says, 'If it feels good, do it, and if you've got a problem, blame somebody else,' to a culture in which each of us understands we're responsible for the decisions we make in life. I call it the responsibility era."

"...my job is to try to distill things down so that average people can understand it." [average people like Bush]


"In Texas, my line was, 'Look don't focus on the process, focus on the results.' That's how we were able to get the prison ministry into that Sugarland Prison." [The prisoners in Texas really need to pray harder than any other prisoners in the country, since prisoner abuse is rampant there. Bush has one of the worst records when it comes to prisons.]

"...my job is to speak clearly and when you say something, mean it. And when you're trying to lead the world in a war that I view as really between forces of good and the forces of evil, you got to speak clearly. There can't be any doubt. And when you say you're going to do something, you've got to do it."

"I think what you're dealing with are people- extreme, radical people- who've got a deep desire to spread an ideology that is anti-women, anti-free thought, anti-art and science, you know, that couch their language in religious terms. But that doesn't make them religious people. I think they conveniently use religion to kill." [Pardon me, but is he referring to his administration?]

"Death. That's the hardest part of any war. Knowing that a mother, father, husband, wife, son, daughter is lonely and sad and grieves because of the loss of a loved one. My faith sustains me because I ask God's blessings, strength, forgiveness and love...Part of my job is to comfort, as best I can...do whatever I can." [Bush has a strange way of showing how much he cares. He hasn't been to one funeral yet. He has made sure that the American public does not see any caskets arriving at Dover.]

You can read the entire transcript by clicking on the title above.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home