Carol's News and Vues

Welcome! Please take the time to add your own comments so this blog can encourage an exchange of ideas. You can comment anonymously. Since George Bush finally did get elected, we have much to be concerned about in the next four years. I guess that means that this blog will continue.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Porter Goss on Porter Goss: I Am Not Qualified

On Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, George W. Bush nominated Florida Rep. Porter Goss to head the Central Intelligence Agency.

Rep. Porter Goss, appeared briefly in Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11.' But part of his March 3, 2004 interview for the movie, which did not make it into the film, has suddenly taken on major significance. The following is an excerpt from the interview:

INTERVIEWER: [Y]ou come from intelligence. This is what you did, this is what you know.

REP. GOSS: Uh, that was, uh, 35 years ago.

INTERVIEWER: Okay.

REP. GOSS: It is true I was in CIA from approximately the late 50's to approximately the early 70's. And it's true I was a case officer, clandestine services office and yes I do understand the core mission of the business. I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably. And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day, "Dad you got to get better on your computer." Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have.-- Rep. Porter Goss, March 3, 2004, Washington, DC

These statements directly contradict President Bush's comments on Mr. Goss. Pointing to his CIA experience, Bush said, "He knows the CIA inside and out" and "He's the right man to lead this important agency at this critical moment in our nation's history."

Another awesome choice for our country. Our president knows how to pick 'em.

Vote for the real choice in November: John Kerry
(There is no other real choice.)

1 Comments:

  • At October 6, 2004 at 11:38:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thankyou for your provocative, inspiring blog. I will be attending Michael Moore's rally on 13October in Phoenix and am really fired up about it. I saw a huge sign at a major intersection today saying "Police and Firefighters support Kerry". This is promising considering Arizona is traditionally a "red" state.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home